Why choose to work in a supermarket, food warehouse, or any of our smaller markets or outlets? Besides it being a fun, vibrant place to work, there are a number of fantastic benefits. In a day and age where more and more people are looking for quality of life, looking to make work fit with life, and not the other way around, working in supermarkets can offer the best of both worlds. Here are six great reasons to work in a Foodstuffs supermarket:
- Job security: We count ourselves lucky that we’re in an industry that has strong job security. The fact everyone needs to eat to survive means we don’t see ourselves going away any time soon – so if you’re looking for a role with real job security a job at one of our Supermarkets or in our Support Centres could really be the role for you!
- Customer interaction: Our people enjoy the one-on-one contact with customers. Helping them to enjoy their shopping experience is about more than showing them where a certain product is, it’s about passing the time of day, making sure they feel welcome, and taking pride in a job well done.
- Good earning potential: We pride ourselves on paying competitively and offer our people the chance to take those earnings further by boosting their knowledge, skills, and qualifications. It’s a simple equation, the more you learn, the more you earn!
- Food is an important industry: Everyone loves food, but that’s not why it’s such an important industry. In New Zealand, it is a major force in our economy as a whole, so in choosing to work in the grocery industry, you can feel some satisfaction that what you do really counts to the bigger picture.
- Develop your business acumen: Understand how a supermarket or food warehouse works, and you’ve mastered the very essence of supply and demand. The supermarket or food warehouse environment is the perfect training ground for someone to develop an interest in all aspects of the grocery business, knowledge that will hold you in good stead in your career, wherever it may lie.
- FMCG: The Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) market is hugely exciting, and a grounding on the shop floor will give you the perfect foundation to move your career into top gear.
Return to top